FASHION FORECAST & TREND ROUND UP AUTUMN / WINTER 2018 PART 2
Notes to the Vlog below.
PART 1 here.
See our stock via email first here.
Follow us on Instagram here.
- The next trend which was screaming from nearly all the catwalks that matter was animal print. I have always been a fan of animal print anyway and would argue that it was never really been “out of style”. However this year it is back with even more boldness
than ever and not just on the D&G catwalks but across so many. Including Maxmara, Cavalli and Tom Ford. Also not to mention the queen of paired back chic Victoria Beckham. It is not a trim here and a bag there - no it is full on, top to toe. It is also in
beautiful bright hues. If wearing top to toe scares you a little bit then it is easy to work in with a slogan T. The beauty of animal print is that it works with everything in your wardrobe already and if you think it clashes it is probably even more on trend.
Have fun with it.
- The next trend is one that I am happy is continuing and that is knife pleats. As seen at Balenciaga and Valentino. A knife pleat skirt has been my staple through this hot summer and I’m glad they are being updated for AW18. The key is to wear them in a “hi-low” way. They are too feminine to be paired with a dainty blouse. So think about combining them with a chunky knit as seen at Balenciaga or choosing to wear one in leather like a Balenciaga or Emilia Wickstead to hit up the leather trend as well.
- The final trend for AW 18/19 that I will be continuing to invest in is dark florals. The perfect balance of feminity and intrigue - dark florals were seen at Saint Laurent, Preen and of course Erdem. Again I am always a fan of making pieces span a few seasons
so I will be updating my summer floral dresses with leathers and knits. Again it is a nod towards the female empowerment - women who are not “one of the boys” but instead strong in their own right.
Overriding trends and colours to consider: earth tones and silver.
Move towards sustainability, quality and shopping with a conscience.
Ongoing trends: Logos - are everywhere.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.