HANDBAG TRENDS FOR WINTER 2018: Accessories to buy
Welcome to the fun part of the Autumn Winter trend forecast for 2018. This is the bags and accessories. Let's start off with the 5 most wearable bag trends.
Want to see the other videos in the trends series?
PART 1 here
PART 2: here
WIN A GUCCI BELT: here
See our stock via email first: here
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/timpanys
Basic notes on the video this week:
1) For bags, it was all about different proportions you had extra big as seen at Victoria Beckham / Loewe down to micro bags worn at necklaces
Some, such as Kenzo’s clip-on case, might be smaller than a credit card, but others, like Giambattista Valli’s leather lanyard and Marc Jacobs’s chain-strap clutch, are large enough to fit just the essentials inside. It’s a hands-free way to go about your day. To be honest working on the shop floors I can see both of these trends picking up. The practicality of your carryall sling it in shopper for girls running around all day is a must. But equally at night when all you want is your credit card and a lipstick why lug around a clutch. The only negative is that you might not fit your phone in which is where trend two comes in.
In terms of oversized - the fold over large bags were seen at Chanel and Victoria Beckham and/ Maison Margiela . Nice for an evening not necesarily practical for day or night.
2) The belt bag. Slightly different to the bum bag (by two inches) although at Balenciaga it really was a bum bag. Gucci kicked this one off as it has with many trends this season but lots have followed in their wake. The perfect balance of hands-free and mobile fitting your belt bag is a fun investment for the season and not too pricey. Two pieces in one and looks as good with trousers as it does slung over a dress. I can see this being a huge trend for the next couple of seasons. Verace / Tods / Sport max / Marc Jacobs
3) Fur and Animal skins and prints were big across the clothes, shoes and bags. As seen at Louis Vuitton. Probably catering to the ultra high net worth women’s desire for more. This will be seen filtering down in to the stores in faux fur and moc croc. My favourite designs were seen at Louis
Fur: Shrimps / Moschino / Preen / dries Van noten
Rochas skin / Gucci
4) Logos are still big across bags as well as clothing and accessories. Givenchy / Balenciaga/ Fendi / Burbery - everywhere. I think this a really fun option and very on trend. I would hesitiate to recommend it as good investment beyond a few seasons and it’s not necesarily the classic look that tends to fare well in the long term.
5) Geometric shapes - Playful and functional geometrical shapes were represented on the runways by circular clutches, rectangular shoulder bags, and pyramidal purses. My personal favourite were the circular bags as seen at Gucci. These were big even in the Spring with lots of people pairing their whicker circular bags. Balmain. At Chloe the circle continued to have a great presence and Net-A-Porter are already pushing it
Pyramid - Moschino
0 items just added!